Dana Eveland vs. Ramon Ortiz. There are several reasons to be hopeful about tonight's game:
- The Nationals are, unquestionably, a worse team than the Brewers.
- Eveland may not inspire confidence, but his ERA is only 2 1/2 runs higher than Ortiz's.
- The Brewers are 17-9 at home.
- Eveland has shown plenty of positive signs in all of his starts, and it usually all breaks down with a home run to a star batter: in his first start, it was Carlos Beltran; last time, it was Ryan Howard. There's only one such player, Alfonso Soriano, in the Nats lineup, and he'll likely bat leadoff.
- Buck O'Neil is on hand for tonight's Negro League tribute, and when Buck O'Neil is in your corner, the gods are with you. Unless you're the 1962 Chicago Cubs.