Let's get right to it:
- Turns out Hart was in the starting lineup, not Hall. Hall was going to get his second day off, but his hitting coach had this to say:
"Sometimes it's just pitch selection. Sometimes there is a hint of overswinging," hitting coach Jim Skaalen said. "But he's just missing. ... He is one good game away from being hot."
Um, he's not going to get that one good game on the bench. Just sayin'...
- WSB Chris has a nice piece looking at the bright spot that is Miller Park.
Here's an analysis of projections for Carlos Zambrano. It's written by a Cubs fan, but it acknowledges the possibility that he's headed down, fast. Yesterday's game certainly didn't bode well.
- Ken Rosenthal thinks it's right that Biggio is starting for the Astros...and it's wrong. Kind of. Or something. Everybody knows he's not all that good anymore, but you gotta let him get to 3,000. I don't buy it: presumably the Astros (including Biggio) want to win, and if he's not the best option, end of story.
- Check out this guy's full name. Best Minor League name...ever.
Here's my THT column from yesterday, looking at current AL pitchers who may be headed to the Hall of Fame.
Jeff Suppan put his St. Louis condo up for sale. I'm going to take the high road here and not comment on the address.
- John Sickels does a prospect smackdown between Ryan Braun and Brandon Wood. Personally, I think Braun is above this sort of thing.