Now for something a little different!
Thanks to the good folks at Hart Sharp Video, the outfit that produced the Harvey's Wallbanger's documentary DVD, I have five copies of the DVD to give away. And now that's what we're going to do.
I haven't seen it yet (I just got the copies in the mail yesterday), but I can't wait to watch it--if it's narrated by Uecker, it's got to be good. I'm also looking forward to the second DVD in the set: the complete 1982 ALCS Game 5. I'm a big fan of watching games from the past, but since I don't have a TV, my exposure to ESPN classic is sorely limited.
So, here's what we're going to do. To participate, you must comment on THIS thread, and you must do so before 7pm central time (game time) on Friday the 20th. In your comment, you need to predict four things:
- Prince Fielder's home run total on May 1st.
- Rickie Weeks's stolen base total on May 1st.
- Coco Cordero's save total on May 1st.
- Ryan Braun's error total on May 1st.
One more twist: so that everybody doesn't wait until very late on the 20th, you subtract for every day early you submit your guess. So, if you enter right now (on the 17th), you get to subtract three points. I added some more fine print (nothing too important) below the jump.
Then, of course, on May 1st, I'll figure out everybody's score, and the five winners will get their DVDs. Make sure to either have an e-mail address associated with your username, or check the site on May 1st and 2nd (which I know you would anyway) so that I can track you down if you win.
I hope that this will inspire a few lurkers to sign up for an account (it's fast and easy!), and make the next two weeks' worth of games that much more exciting, as a free DVD may ride on every Prince Fielder at-bat or Coco Cordero save situation. (Or ground ball to third base in Nashville.)
Good luck! May the biggest fanboys win!
Update [2007-4-17 13:54:25 by Jeff]: I just realized that "May 1st" might be unclear. The stats you're predicting are for April totals. The games on May 1st will not count.
Some fine print:
- In the case of a tie, the winner is the person who submitted the earlier entry.
- Don't make multiple accounts. If I think you're doing that, I'll disqualify you. All such judgments are going to be made by me, and you're going to live with it.
- If you win and I can't get in touch with you by May 5th, I'm going to stop trying and give the DVD to somebody else.
- Ryan Braun's error total is cumulative: if he is promoted, we're looking for total errors between AAA and Milwaukee.
- If you live outside the US, I might ask you to send me a couple of bucks to help with shipping costs.