Whether it's just a fad or a new mainstay in social media, Twitter is probably one of the more polarizing services on the Internet. For some, it's an everyday must-check. For others, it's a joke, and its consistent users something to ridicule.
For the uninitiated, Twitter is a social networking service that allows you to send 140 character-or-less "tweets," and subscribe to and follow the tweets of others. At its basic level, it's a tool for feeding people a lot of information they didn't need to know or don't care about (like the results of one's recent trip to the bathroom), but some people use it for more than that, thankfully.
For Brew Crew Ball (@BrewCrewBall), Twitter is a great way to spread the word about new content, interact with Brewer fans and occasionally make fun of the Bucks. I use the BCB Twitter to follow several official Brewer sources, journalists following the team and other Brewer bloggers and fans. It's frequently entertaining, and occasionally a source of breaking news I would not have immediately found elsewhere.
So, if you're thinking of starting a Twitter account, follow the jump for 46 Twitterers (and my recipe blog) to follow to get yourself started. And if you already use Twitter, here's a list of people to be sure you're following:
- @Brewers: The team's official Twitter.
- @BrewerAsh: Brewers Assistant GM Gord Ash
- @Brewercom: Tyler Barnes, Brewers VP of Communications
- @BrewCharities: Brewer Charities Inc., the official charity arm of the Brewers
- @RickPeterson3P: Brewer pitching coach Rick Peterson
- @73_MC: Seth McClung
@BradenLooper (Inactive since August)
Brewer Minor League affiliates and minor leaguers:
Journalists covering the Brewers
- @AdamMcCalvy: Adam McCalvy, MLB.com
- @CFly: Colin Fly, Associated Press
- @Haudricourt: Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
National journalists and bloggers worth noting
- @Baseball_ref: Baseball Reference
- @BenBadler: Ben Badler of Baseball America
- @D_A_Cameron Dave Cameron of FanGraphs/USS Mariner
- @jh_moore Jack Moore of FanGraphs/Beyond the Box Score
@Jay_Jaffe Jay Jaffe of Baseball Prospectus
- @Jaysonst: Jayson Stark of ESPN
- @JPosnanski: Joe Posnanski of Sports Illustrated and joeposnanski.com
- @SI_JonHeyman: Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated
- @JonathanMayoB3: Jonathan Mayo of MILB.com
- @KeithLaw Keith Law of ESPN
- @RobNeyer: Rob Neyer of ESPN
- @Trenni: Trenni Kusnierek of MLB Network
Other Brewer twitterers/bloggers (with blog name, if it's not obvious)
- @DWalshMKE: Dan Walsh of the Daily Drink
- @jdondlinger: Jason Dondlinger of View From Bernie's Chalet
- @MillerParkNorth: Mark Lange of Wisconsin Sports Tap
- @poonix: SgtClueLs of Fire Doug Melvin
Members of the BCB Family:
- @KLSnow (used only for my recipe blog)
If I missed someone, let me know.
Thanks, and feel free to RT!