- Jorge Says No! has a look at the Brewers situation with Prince Fielder, and wonders what they can afford to offer him in a long term deal.
- The JS has Baseball America's list of Top 30 Brewer prospects (FanShot). Casa de Machado has some reaction, but here's my quick one: This list was compiled by Brian Anderson and Tom Haudricourt, who spent the 2009 season traveling with and covering the Brewers. As such, they had limited or no time to scout any of these players in person. So why are they ranking them?
- Elsewhere in the minors, the Appleton Post Crescent has an in-depth look at the renovations at Fox Cities Stadium in Appleton.
- As noted earlier, the Brewers signed Dominican shortstop Santo Aybar over the weekend. Baseball America has more about him. One salient point: He turns 17 on Saturday, so we can stop calling him a 16-year-old prospect.
Adam McCalvy has a look at the Brewer contributions to Saturday's AFL championship game victory for the Peoria Javelinas. The Javelinas beat the Phoenix Desert Dogs, who were five time defending league champions.
- Baseball America has a look at catchers in the AFL, and a note on the somewhat dramatic improvement of Jonathan Lucroy, who might be in the middle of the most meteoric rise in the Brewer organization in quite some time.
- McCalvy also wants your questions for an inbox column he's looking to write next week.
- Miller Park Drunk took some heat and has reconsidered his decision on the coolness of the newly renamed Molitor parking lot at Miller Park.
- MPD also has a look back at 2001.
- Two weeks ago, I suggested Yorvit Torrealba as a possible placeholder at catcher until Jonathan Lucroy is ready to take over. With free agency open, several teams have expressed interest, including the Giants.
- Omar Vizquel is no longer a candidate to replace Craig Counsell, as he's signed with the White Sox.
- Elsewhere in transactions, the Royals signed former Brave Jorge Campillo.
- And the A's signed Dallas McPherson.
- The Mets might be interested in Ben Sheets.
- Further proof that being a dick extends your life expectancy: Gary Sheffield wants to play next season.
- The Pirates may be lining their pockets with revenue sharing money.
- The Brewers are hiring a part time mailroom/warehouse guy.
- Happy birthday to Dale Sveum, who turns 46.