Rockies lead the series 2-0
|Tue 06/09|| WP: Jason Hammel |
SV: Huston Street
LP: Todd Coffey
|2 - 3 loss|
|Wed 06/10|| WP: Jorge De La Rosa |
SV: Huston Street
LP: Dave Bush
|2 - 4 loss|
Yovani Gallardo pitches this afternoon as the Brewers attempt to break a string of back to back losses in which they managed only 2 runs.
With only a 4:3 K/BB ratio, Aaron Cook relies on his sinker to limit home runs and hard hit balls. He throws his sinking fastball 85% of the time, so he's not going to trick anyone out there. I feel good about the Brewers' chances of getting some runs today.
The lineup is a rather interesting one:
SS Craig Counsell
RF Frank Catalonotto
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
3B Mat Gamel
2B Casey McGehee
CF Jody Gerut
C Jason Kendall
RHP Yovani Gallardo
I'm a fan of this Tom Haudricourt quote in his lineup post:
Brewers manager Ken Macha has removed all of the slump-ridden players -- Hart, Hardy, Hall, Cameron -- from the starting lineup today and replaced them with reserves. The problem with that is many of those players have been unproductive as well.
Tom also says that Aaron Cook is the Rockies' best pitcher, which is definitely false. Hammel and JDLR are probably both better at this point. Cook's FIP is a full run higher than JDLR's.
The Bullpen rest report:
- Trevor Hoffman pitched an inning on Saturday (11 pitches).
- Carlos Villanueva pitched an inning on Sunday (32 pitches).
- Mark DiFelice pitched 1/3 of an inning on Tuesday (4 pitches).
- Todd Coffey pitched 1/3 of an inning on Tuesday (11 pitches) and 2/3 of an inning on Sunday (6 pitches).
- Mitch Stetter pitched 1 1/3 innings on Tuesday (20 pitches).
- Seth McClung pitched 2 innings on Wednesday (30 pitches).
- Chris Smith pitched 2 innings on Wednesday (33 pitches).
Anyway, let's enjoy a nice summer afternoon and Yovani day. Game time is 1:05 Central. Go Brewers!