Tigers lead the series 2-0
|Fri 06/19|| WP: Zach Miner ( - ) |
LP: Braden Looper ( - )
|4 - 10 loss|
|Sat 06/20|| WP: Alfredo Figaro ( - ) |
LP: Dave Bush ( - )
|5 - 9 loss|
Sunday, Jun 21, 2009, 12:05 PM CDT
Yovani Gallardo vs Justin Verlander
Mostly sunny. Game time temperature around 80.
Complete Coverage >
Two very good pitchers will be pitching today in game number 69 of the 2009 season. This road trip can pretty much be a success regardless of the outcome today, splitting on the road in interleague isn't too bad, but getting at least a win in Detroit sure would be swell.
Today you may hear something about the last game Justin Verlander pitched against the Brewers at Comerica Park. Today Craig Counsell and Tony Graffanino will not be the top two hitters in the order, as they were on that fateful day.
Gallardo has remained effective in his past few starts, but has struggled with his command and has been unable to work deep into games because he has racked up high pitch counts early.
The Bullpen rest report:
- Mitch Stetter pitched 2/3 of an inning on Wednesday (20 pitches)
- Trevor Hoffman pitched 2/3 of an inning on Wednesday (12 pitches)
- Mark DiFelice pitched 1 inning on Saturday (12 pitches) and 1 1/3 innings on Wednesday(16 pitches)
- Todd Coffey pitched 1/3 of an inning on Saturday (17 pitches)
- Chris Smith pitched 2 innings on Saturday (15 pitches)
- Seth McClung pitched 1 1/3 innings on Saturday (33 pitches) and 2 1/3 innings on Wednesday (48 pitches)
- Chris Narveson pitched 2 1/3 innings on Friday
Gametime is 12:05 central. Happy Father's Day, and go Brewers!