Readers were polled from noon yesterday to 2:35 today (with 263 responses), and here were the most interesting results:
- In the last poll, 82% of voters thought Jeff Suppan should be the odd man out in the Brewer rotation. That number actually climbed this week to 95%.
- Also in the last poll, Jonathan Lucroy led all choices with 43% of voters thinking he should be the Brewers' backup catcher, and George Kottaras received 27% of the vote. This time, Kottaras received 77% of the vote, with Lucroy getting 11%.
- 72% of voters think the Brewers should keep Chris Narveson on the roster and put him in the bullpen.
- Carlos Gomez has won over some voters: 48% of voters agreed with the decision to acquire him in the last poll, and 59% were in favor this time.
- As Brewer fans, we're a pretty optimistic bunch: 90% of us think the Brewers will win between 81 and 90 games this season, and 90% of us are optimistic about the team's long term direction.
- We're not as optimistic about the possibility of keeping Prince Fielder in a Brewer uniform: 48% of us say the chance of signing Fielder to a long term deal is between 26 and 50%.
Question 2: If the season started today, which starting pitcher SHOULD NOT be in the rotation?
Question 3: What should the Brewers do with Chris Narveson?
|Put him in the starting rotation.||51||20%|
|Keep him in the bullpen.||189||72%|
|Attempt to send him to the minor leagues.||16||6%|
|Attempt to trade him.||5||2%|
Question 4: Which catcher would you like to see make the team to back up Gregg Zaun?
Question 5: Do you approve of the job Doug Melvin is doing as general manager of the Brewers?
Question 6: Do you approve of the job Ken Macha is doing as manager of the Brewers?
Question 7: Do you approve of the job Rick Peterson is doing as pitching coach of the Brewers?
Question 8: Do you agree with the decision to trade J.J. Hardy to the Twins for Carlos Gomez?
Question 9: Do you agree with the decision to sign Randy Wolf to a three year deal?
Question 10: Do you agree with the decision to sign Doug Davis to a one year deal?
Question 11: How many games do you think the Brewers will win in 2010?
|Less than 70||1||0%|
|More than 95||2||1%|
Question 12: Are you optimistic about the long term direction of the Brewer franchise?