W: Randy Wolf (2-1)
L: Daniel McCutchen (0-2)
HR: Prince Fielder (1), Ryan Braun (5), George Kottaras (1), Jim Edmonds (1)
MVP: Prince Fielder (+.179)
LVP: Rickie Weeks (-.062)
And the streak is still alive. The Brewers are now 5-0 in the final games of series following a 20-0 dismantling of the Pirates, completing back-to-back shutouts and outscoring the Bucs 36-1 in the three game series.
On the mound, four Brewer pitchers (Randy Wolf, Claudio Vargas, Manny Parra and Trevor Hoffman) held the Pirates to seven hits and three walks while completing the shutout. Wolf pitched six innings, allowing six hits and three walks and striking out three. Claudio Vargas, Manny Parra (pitching for the fifth time in six games) and Trevor Hoffman each pitched scoreless innings.
At the plate, the Brewers managed four home runs, 12 extra base hits, 25 hits and six walks. All told, six Brewers were on base at least three times:
- Rickie Weeks went 3-for-7 with a pair of doubles and scored four runs.
- Carlos Gomez went 2-for-5 with a double, a stolen base and two walks, scoring three runs.
- Ryan Braun went 3-for-4 with a double, a home run, a stolen base and a walk, scoring three runs and driving in five.
- Prince Fielder went 2-for-4 with his first home run of the season and a walk, driving in three.
- Jim Edmonds went 4-for-6 with a home run and two doubles, scoring twice and driving in three. He needed a triple for the cycle in the ninth, but hit a ground rule double instead.
- George Kottaras went 2-for-4 with a home run and a walk.