W: Jesse Crain (1-0)
L: Manny Parra (0-3)
HR: Hart (8)
MVP: Casey McGehee (+.277)
LVP: Ryan Braun (-.432)
Considering this recap is so late, and I missed much of the game, I'll just stick to bullet points
- Yovani Gallardo actually put together a decent start after giving up 4 runs in the first inning. He was able to make it through 6 innings and didn't allow a run after the first.
- Ken Macha used three pitchers to get through the seventh inning: Marco Estrada (who allowed two runs), Mitch Stetter (who walked the only batter he faced), and Todd Coffey
- John Axford, who is now rockin' the Rollie Fingers 'stache, pitched a scoreless inning
- Down 2-6 in the top of the ninth, the Brewers tied the game with 2 RBIs a piece from Rickie Weeks and Carlos Gomez. Casey McGehee then drove in Prince Fielder for the go-ahead run.
- Carlos Villanueva allowed a run in the ninth to send the game into extra innings.
- Corey Hart made an amazing catch in the 10 inning, crashing into the wall with the bases loaded to send the game to the 11th inning.
Tomorrow's starterManny Parra pitched a quick 11th inning, but only got one out in the 12th before allowing the winning run to score via a sac fly.
- Ryan Braun had a lot of hard hit balls today and nothing to show for it. He lined into a couple double playes late in the game.
In his post game interview, Ken Macha mentioned that Marco Estrada would start tomorrow. Dave Bush will also be available for a few innings. He also mentioned that Mitch Stetter was sent back down to Nashville and Zach Braddock will be called up.