This weekend's four game series in San Diego seemed to drag on for weeks, but somehow we never discussed one piece of exceptionally irrelevant minutiae: This weekend's series featured a meeting of three of baseball's most traveled journeymen: Matt Stairs (12 teams in 18 seasons), Gregg Zaun (9 teams in 16 seasons) and LaTroy Hawkins (8 teams in 16 seasons).
Over the last couple of decades, these three players combined have been a part of:
- At least three teams in five of baseball's six divisions, including every team in one division.
- Eight playoff teams (1997 for Zaun, 1995, 2000, 2008 and 2009 for Stairs, and 2002, 2003 and 2007 for Hawkins).
- Two World Series champions.
- One current franchise in its previous city.
The same rules apply here that apply to offseason Thinkers:
- Post your score in the comments.
- There's no reason to cheat here.
- Don't spoil any answers in the comments until after 6 pm Central time, so people can take the quiz without having it spoiled for them.
- If you get them all (and someone likely will), post your time along with your score.