W: Travis Wood (1-1, first major league win)
L: Chris Narveson (8-7)
HR: Brandon Phillips (14), Joey Votto (26)
MVP: Ryan Braun (+.060)
LVP: Kameron Loe (-.328)
Win Expectancy Graph and Star of the Game Voting
SB Nation Coverage
Travis Wood and Chris Narveson had a pitchers' duel going early, as Narveson worked through five scoreless innings as the Brewers clung to a 2-0 lead. The wheels came off in the sixth, though, when Narveson and Kameron Loe combined to allow five runs, and the Reds coasted off from there. All told, Narveson allowed three runs on six hits in five innings, walking one and striking out two.
- Rickie Weeks went 1-for-4 with an infield single in the game but was stranded on third in the eighth, ending his runs scored streak at eleven games and his home run streak at three.
- With the Brewers down to three healthy outfielders once again, Joe Inglett got the start in right field for the sixth time in seven days and struck out in all three plate appearances.
- Alcides Escobar had the Crew's lone multi-hit day: He went 2-for-4 with a double batting out of the #2 spot.
- A day after using four relievers and a position player on the mound, the Brewers used five relievers today (Loe, Coffey, Braddock, Villanueva and Riske)
- Prince Fielder was ejected from the game for arguing balls and strikes in the eighth inning.