Diamondbacks Probable Starters (in order):
- Ian Kennedy (6-9, 4.40 ERA in 2010; 2010 vs. MIL: 1 GS, 0-1, 2.57 ERA, 5 SO, 1 BB, 1 HR allowed)
- Barry Engright (3-2, 2.81 ERA in 2010; has never faced Brewers)
- Daniel Hudson (2-0, 1.15 ERA in 2010; has never faced Brewers)
- Rodrigo Lopez (5-10, 4.66 ERA in 2010; 2008 vs. MIL: 1 GS, 0-0, 1.29 ERA, 5 SO, 2 BB, 1 HR allowed)
Brewers Probable Starters (in order):
- Chris Narveson(2009 vs. ARI: 1 GS, 0-0, 6.00 ERA, 2 SO, 3 BB, 1 HR allowed)
- Manny Parra (2009 vs. ARI: 1 GS, 0-0, 1.50 ERA, 8 SO, 4 BB, 0 HR allowed)
- Dave Bush (2009vs. ARI: 2 GS, 1-0, 2.57 ERA, 18 SO, 0 BB, 3 HR allowed)
- Rnady Wolf (2009 vs. ARI: 4 GS, 2-0, 3.71 ERA, 23 SO, 6 BB, 2 HR allowed)
|Batting average||Kelly Johnson, .285
||Batting average||Corey Hart, .291|
K. Johnson, .373
||On-base percentage||Prince Fielder, .402|
|Slugging||K. Johnson, .494
|OPS||K. Johnson, .867
|Home runs||Mark Reynolds, 25
||Home runs||Fielder, 24
|Runs batted in||Reynolds, 69
||Runs batted in||Hart, 75
|Runs scored||K. Johnson, 68||Runs scored||Rickie Weeks, 79
|Stolen bases||Chris Young, 22
||Stolen bases||Braun, 13|
A year ago, Kelly Johnson was suffering from tendinitis in his wrist and appeared in just 106 games for the Atlanta Braves. He hit .224 with eight HR and just 29 RBI.
Though he'd had a strong 2008 season, including the longest hit streak of the year at 22 games, he lost his starting position and was on the bench for 2009. He was non-tendered after the season.
This year he leads the team in hits, total bases, runs scored and doubles, not to mention BA, OBP, Slugging and OPS.
He just recently ended a nine-game hit streak and last month was just the fourth Diamondback to hit for the cycle. He was the NL Player of the Month for April after hitting nine home runs while slugging .750.
Interim Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson is high on Johnson as well, saying he could be a candidate for Comeback Player of the Year.
Johnson had a reputation as a less-than-average fielder but has committed just six errors so far this season.
Ian Kennedy has struggled over his last three starts, going 1-2 with a 7.02 ERA
After his win in Chicago, Narveson will be looking to join Yovani Gallardo in the double-digit wins category.
The Brewers have won eight straight over the Diamondbacks dating back to May of last season. A loss on May 2 was followed by a three-game sweep of Arizona the following week.
The Brewers have out-scored the Diamondbacks 50-17 in the past seven meetings.