The day we've been waiting for since 2004.
Brewers lead the series 1-0
|Thu 09/23|| WP: Yovani Gallardo (14 - 7) |
LP: Anibal Sanchez (12 - 11)
|8 - 3 win|
Friday, Sep 24, 2010, 7:10 PM CDT
Andrew Miller vs Mark Rogers
Partly cloudy. Winds blowing out to left field at 20-30 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.
Complete Coverage >
|Sat 09/25||6:10 PM CDT|
|Sun 09/26||1:10 PM CDT|
Follow us after the jump for tonight's pitching matchup, lineup and more!
Mark Rogers (0.00 ERA, 2.09 FIP) is:
- Making his first major league start and third appearance tonight.
- The fifth overall pick in the 2004 draft, selected between fellow pitchers Jeff Niemann and Jeremy Sowers.
- Still only 24 years old.
- Already at 118 innings this season, easily a career high (he threw 98.2 innings for West Virginia in 2005)
- Expected to throw about 60 pitches tonight.
- A pretty good strikeout pitcher (8.8 K/9 in the minors this season), but allows a fair number of walks too (5.6/9).
- Hitting 94.6 mph on his average fastball since being called up, according to FanGraphs.
Andrew Miller (8.17 ERA, 6.29 FIP) is:
- One of the players acquired by the Marlins in the deal that sent Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers before the 2008 season.
- Making just his eighth major league appearance in 2010 (and sixth start) after spending most of the season struggling in AA, where he posted a 6.01 ERA over 18 starts.
- Allowing 2.32 baserunners per inning and 1.8 home runs per nine innings in 25.1 major league innings.
- Coming off three consecutive disaster starts where he allowed 17 earned runs on 33 baserunners in 10.1 innings to the Phillies and Cubs.
- The owner of a 90.6 mph average fastball, plus a slider and change.
Via the Brewers on Facebook, here's tonight's lineup:
Rickie Weeks 2B
Corey Hart RF
Ryan Braun LF
Prince Fielder 1B
Casey McGehee 3B
Lorenzo Cain CF
Jonathan Lucroy C
Luis Cruz SS
Mark Rogers P
And in the bullpen:
Manny Parra pitched 1 inning (18 pitches) last night.
Todd Coffey pitched 1 inning (10 pitches) last night.
Kameron Loe pitched .1 innings (7 pitches) last night.
Brandon Kintzler pitched 1 inning (10 pitches) Wednesday.
Jeremy Jeffress pitched 1 inning (14 pitches) Wednesday.
Zach Braddock pitched 1 inning (15 pitches) Wednesday.
Mike McClendon pitched 2 innings (22 pitches) Tuesday.
John Axford pitched 1 inning (21 pitches) Saturday.
Both Carlos Villanueva and Trevor Hoffman have not been seen recently.
Enjoy the game!