As of noon today, 450 voters had participated in yesterday's poll about the Brewer shortstop situation. Here's a summary of the results:
- 69% of voters think the Brewers should make another move to improve the position.
- A plurality of voters (37%) think they should make that move via free agency. 24% were undecided.
- If the Brewers are unable to make a move, 58% of voters think Yuniesky Betancourt should be the team's primary shortstop, but 66% think some form of platoon should be used.
- Just 20% of voters think Betancourt will be above average (2+ WAR) this season.
- 39% of voters either agreed or strongly agreed with a statement suggesting Betancourt could be the reason the Brewers don't make the playoffs this season.
Follow the jump for the full results.
Do you think the Brewers should make another move to improve the shortstop position?
If you voted yes, how should they do it?
|Sign a free agent||168||37%|
|Make a trade||59||13%|
|Make a waiver claim||30||7%|
If the Brewers don't make a move before Opening Day, who should be their primary shortstop?
Would you be in favor of a platoon at the position?
|No, I don't like platoons||43||10%|
|No, I don't think the Brewers have the right personnel for a platoon||90||20%|
How do you expect Yuniesky Betancourt to perform in 2011?
|Career Year (3 WAR or more)||3||1%|
|Solid Regular (between 2 and 3 WAR)||87||19%|
|Below Average(between .5 and 2 WAR)||203||45%|
|Replacement Level (between -.5 and .5 WAR)||126||28%|
|Below Replacement Level (less than -.5 WAR)||32||7%|
How much do you agree with the following statement?
Playing Yuniesky Betancourt at shortstop every day might be the reason the Brewers don't make the playoffs.
|Neither agree nor disagree||120||27%|