Not the way any of us wanted to end this run, clearly.
1) David Freese's first inning home run: -.218 WPA (Video)
Freese was the sixth batter to come to the plate in the first inning against Shaun Marcum, and his home run to left drove the game's second, third and fourth runs home.
2) Jonathan Lucroy's second inning home run: +.167 WPA (Video)
The Brewers were down 4-0 when they came to bat for the first time, but in two innings they almost came all the way back. The final blow in the second inning was Jonathan Lucroy's two run shot to left center to trim the Cardinals' lead to 5-4.
3) Lance Berkman's first inning single: -.140 WPA (Video)
The Cardinals first run scored on the game's fourth batter, as Lance Berkman singled to center and advanced to second on the throw to the plate. The single left the Cardinals with two men on and one out in the frame.
4) Albert Pujols' third inning home run: -.103 WPA (Video)
The Brewers had fought back and reduced the Cardinals' lead to one run at 5-4 but gave the runs back in a hurry. This Pujols home run improved the St. Louis lead to two at 6-4.
5) Allen Craig's third inning single: +.097 WPA (Video)
The third inning meltdown concluded with this hit, as Craig singled off LaTroy Hawkins and drove in two runs to expand the Cardinal lead to 9-4.