W: Donovan Hand (1-0)
L: Philip Humber (0-1)
S: Marco Estrada (1)
Wrote this while working, so it's the quick hits version of the game recap (expect a lot of that this week while Kyle's gone):
- Zach Greinke threw 39 pitches in 1 1/3 innings with 3 BB, 2 K and one hit given up. He hit 96 on the speed gun.
- Chris Narveson went two strong innings giving up one hit while recording 2 strikeouts.
- Carlos Gomez made a spectacular catch at the wall to rob Dayan Viciedo of a hit.
- Wil Nieves scored the first run on a Rickie Weeks two-out single. Nieves singled and stole second to get in scoring position
- BA noted that Kameron Loe was listed at 6'8" when he came to the Brewers but is now listed as 6'5" in the media guide
- Yuniesky Betancourt, batting cleanup, had two base hits. For those keeping track at home, he's hitting .600. He was lifted for a pinch runner after the second hit.
- Kameron Loe gave up one walk in one inning of work while Zach Braddock loaded the bases with two hits and a walk but got out of the jam with no damages. Mark DiFelice made his return from Tommy John surgery with a 1-2-3, one K inning. Justin James pitched a 1-2-3 8th. Marco Estrada came in for the save and gave up a lead-off triple and an RBI groundout to give up the shutout
- Brandon Boggs, as DH, hit a two-out, two-RBI single late in the game to score Caleb Gindl and Logan Schafer.
- Hunter Morris hit a hustle triple to lead off the 9th inning. Eric Farris then botched the squeeze play and Morris was out between 3rd and home. More aggressive baserunning was on display.