One year ago today the Brewers put on one of the most impressive offensive displays in franchise history, beating the Pirates 20-0 at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Here's a look at some of the records set in the contest:
- Nine Brewers (Rickie Weeks, Carlos Gomez, Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, Craig Counsell, Jim Edmonds, George Kottaras, Alcides Escobar and Randy Wolf) had multi-hit games, tying a franchise record.
- Twenty runs was the second most the Brewers have ever scored, and the most in a shutout.
- The Brewers had seven doubles, a triple and four home runs in the game, tying a franchise record with 12 extra base hits.
- The Brewers had 25 hits, the third highest total in franchise history.
The win completed a three game sweep where the Brewers outscored the Pirates 36-1, and lifted their record to 8-7. Sadly, they lost the next day to drop to 8-8 and never surfaced above .500 again.
With help from the B-Ref Play Index and Brewerfan.net, happy birthday to:
- 1989-90 Brewer Terry Francona, who turns 52 today.
- 1976-85 Brewer Moose Haas, who turns 55 today.
- AZL Brewer Steve Felix, who turned 23 yesterday.
- 2000-01 Brewer Kevin Brown, who turns 38 yesterday.
- 1992-94 Brewer Jesse Orosco, who turned 54 yesterday.