1) Martin Maldonado's third inning grand slam: +.308 WPA
One of the biggest moments of Maldonado's young Brewer career came in the early innings tonight, when he homered with the bases loaded and two outs to give the Brewers a 4-0 lead.
2) Logan Forsythe's ninth inning ground out: +.161 WPA
John Axford allowed back-to-back singles with two outs in the ninth inning but wiggled off the hook and converted his 35th save when Forsythe grounded out to Jean Segura to end the game.
3t) Yasmani Grandal's RBI single in the sixth: -.120 WPA
This play actually could have been much worse, as Grandal grounded to the left side in the sixth inning with the bases loaded and the Brewers up 4-2. Taylor Green made a diving play to stop the ball and couldn't record an out, but he probably did prevent the second and potential game-tying run from scoring.
3t) Carlos Quentin's ground out in the sixth: +.120 WPA
Quentin was the next batter and grounded out to Green to end the threat.
5) Chris Denorfia's fielder's choice in the sixth, Yonder Alonso out at home: +.107 WPA
The Padres had the bases loaded with one out in the sixth when Kameron Loe got Denorfia to bounce a ball back to the mound, and Martin Maldonado made a great play to save his wild throw back to the plate.
The next five:
6) Jesus Guzman's sixth inning RBI single: -.096 WPA
7) Manny Parra hits Will Venable with a pitch in the sixth: -.090 WPA
8) Everth Cabrera's ninth inning single: -.084 WPA
9) Jeff Bianchi's seventh inning single: +.073 WPA
10) John Axford strikes out Chris Denorfia in the ninth: +.072 WPA