WP: Robert Wooten (1-0)
LP: Jamey Wright (0-1)
HR: Ryan Braun (2), Brooks Conrad (3), Carlos Gomez (1), Andre Eithier (3)
Sorry for the late recap, it was a busy night for many of us here. Let's just hit the key points from today's (or, technically yesterday's) game:
- Ryan Braun hit a monster home run in the first inning. He was 1 for 3 on the day, though hit the ball hard and was robbed by former Brewer Jerry Hairston, Jr. twice.
- Carlos Gomez and Brooks Conrad also contributed with home runs in the game.
- Jonathan Lucroy continued his hot spring with a 1 for 2 day and is batting .512 in spring training.
- Cesar Izturis may have a spot on the roster to start the season, but his play doesn't inspire confidence. He committed another error today (his fifth of the spring) and went 0 for 3 at the plate, grounding into two double plays.
- Francisco Rodriguez made the "start" and should not quit his job as a reliever anytime soon. He allowed two runs (one earned) in his one inning of work. It was also a rare opportunity for photographers to caption a pitcher of him and use the words "starting pitcher Francisco Rodriguez".
- Kameron Loe, Tim Dillard, and Marco Estrada all had scoreless appearances.
- Former Brewer Chris Capuano threw behind Ryan Braun in the game, resulting in a rare spring warning to both benches. Before this, three batters had been hit by pitches in the game.
- Scorecards were thrown into chaos as many of the Brewers' minor league players came into the game near the end. At one point, two shortstops were on the field for the Brewers.
- The FSN broadcast cut off near the end to go to the Milwaukee Bucks game.
- Meanwhile, in minor league spring training, Shaun Marcum pitched a nice game, allowing one hit and striking out seven in five innings. Barring a setback, he should make one start at the major league camp before the start of the regular season.
Did I miss anything? Feel free to comment about it below.
The Brewers travel to Peoria tomorrow (well, it's today now) to take on the Padres. First pitch is at 2:05 PM.