All of tonight's key moments came before the fourth inning.
1) Alex Gonzalez's three run homer in the first inning: +.159 WPA (Video)
The Brewers were already up 2-0 when Alex Gonzalez came up with two on and one out in the first, but he put the exclamation point on the inning by homering to left to make it a five run lead.
2) Carlos Gomez's first inning double: +.105 WPA
After Rickie Weeks walked to lead off the game, Carlos Gomez hit a double to left to put runners on second and third with no one out. Both runners eventually scored.
3) Alfonso Soriano's two-run single in the third: -.069 WPA (Video)
The Cubs' only major offensive output tonight came in the third inning, when two singles and a walk loaded the bases for Alfonso Soriano. He singled up the middle to plate David DeJesus and Darwin Barney with the Cubs' first runs.
4) Ian Stewart reaches on Alex Gonzalez's fielding error in the third: -.059 WPA
Stewart followed Soriano to the plate and hit a grounder to Alex Gonzalez, loading the bases again. The Cubs managed just one more run in the inning, though.
5) Aramis Ramirez's first inning RBI fielder's choice: +.052 (Video)
Carlos Gomez scored from third with the Brewers' second run on this ground ball to first base.