News and Notes:
- How many of the 1,300 options will we see this year?
- After missing the past 17 days prospect Jarred Cosart successfully returned to the mound Sunday.
- The Astros are headed to Milwaukee.
- The Cards are still interested in acquiring Roy Oswalt.
- They couldn't have gotten off to a much better start, making history in the process. They look to continue their early success in a series against the Cubs.
- Matt Holliday, however, sure could have (not that his slow start has hurt the team), Allen Craig has returned to the field, and John Jay and Skip Schumaker need to learn that running into walls isn't a very good idea.
- Jay, however, doesn't expect to be out for long.
- Marlon Byrd is a Red Sox. Michael Bowden, and a player to be named, are now (or soon will be) Chicago Cubs.
- As mentioned, the Cubs-Cards rivalry is set to renew with a series beginning today in Chicago.
- Things may not be going so well at the big league level but that doesn't mean prospects will be rushed to the majors. The recent trade of Marlon Byrd won't have an effect either.
- The Cards weren't the only team making history this past weekend in pittsburgh. A.J. Burnett made history of his own in his Saturday start.
- To make room for Burnett Jared Hughes has been optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Brandon Phillips remained out of the line-up yet again on Sunday.
- Despite Phillips' absence the Reds managed to win on Sunday... even though it wasn't pretty.
- Prospect Billy Hamilton is always on the fast track thanks to his speed... but will his track to the majors be equally speedy?