News and Notes:
- Astros reliever Fernando Abad has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. Houston has purchased the contract of left-hander Xavier Cedano from Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- In other Astros transactions, the club have signed Brian Bass, who will start this Wednesday for Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- The Pirates organization is not unfamiliar with losing; they can't feel too bad about extending the Cubs' lengthy losing streak with their recent sweep of the north siders. Their own recent form has seen the Pirates climb to within a game of .500.
- Roy Oswalt is apparently ready to sign and pitch this season. The Cardinals remain one of the teams the 34-year-old right-hander would be willing to pitch for.
- Chris Carpenter is close to resuming a throwing program. The former Cy Young winner has been shut down since mid-March due to a nerve disorder reoccurrence this spring.
- Yadier Molina was forced to leave yesterday's game in the fifth inning because of blurred vision caused by the St. Louis heat.
- The hits just keep on coming for the Brewers, and not the good kind. Travis Ishikawa has been placed on the 15-day disabled list.
- Aramis Ramirez remained out of the lineup yesterday due to a bruised left elbow, an injury sustained after being hit by a pitch in Friday night's game in Arizona.
Shaun Marcum (2-3)
Aaron Harrang (3-2)
Wandy Rodriguez (4-4)
Juan Nicasio (2-2)
Jordan Lyles (0-1)
Alex White (1-3)
Lance Lynn (7-1)
Tommy Hanson (5-3)
Jeff Suppan (2-3)
Travis Wood (0-1)
Bronson Arroyo (2-2)
James McDonald (3-2)