News and Notes:
- Twelve games is quite a few. Thankfully, however, for the Cubs and their fans, 12 is better than 13.
- The Cubs have activated Carlos Marmol from the 15-day disabled list. In a corresponding move, the club have optioned Rafael Dolis to Triple-A Iowa.
- The Pirates have called up reliever Doug Slaten. After a horrid Spring Training, a tweak to his mechanics has produced better results in Triple-A Indianapolis.
- With Monday's win against the division leading Reds, the Pirates are back to .500. Will this be the year they break their streak, or, like last year, will the disappointment continue for Bucs fans?
- David Freese remained out of the lineup for yesterday's series opener in Atlanta due to right wrist soreness. In other injury news, Allen Craig is expected to come off the disabled list on Friday, the first day he is eligible to return.
- Are you f'ing serious?
|Away||Home||Time (CDT)||Away Probable||Home Probable|
|Brewers||Dodgers||9:10||Michael Fiers (0-0)||Nathan Eovaldi (0-0)|
|Cardinals||Braves||6:10||Jake Westbrook (4-3)||Randall Delgado (2-5)|
|Padres||Cubs||1:20||Eric Stults (1-0)||Jeff Samardzija (4-3)|
|Reds||Pirates||6:05||Homer Bailey (3-3)||Charlie Morton (2-5)|