News and Notes:
- To make room for Aneury Rodriguez the Astros have optioned reliever Enerio Del Rosario to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Yeah, they've been better than expected but let's not get crazy.
- Allen Craig was pulled early from Monday's game for precautionary reasons after banging his recently repaired right knee while diving for a ball on defense.
- I'd like to say it's too early to make any strong conclusions but heck, what do I know.
- This season may not have much to look forward to on the north side, but there is always the future to get even Cubs fans' hopes up.
- Triple-A infielder Chase d'Arnaud has returned from the disabled list.
- You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
- Miguel Cairo has been activated from the disabled list. To make room on the roster the Reds have demoted Willie Harris.
The Brewers and Reds wrap up their series with afternoon baseball in Milwaukee. Zack Greinke (3-1) and Johnny Cueto (4-0) will match up in what looks to be a good pitcher's duel. Let's see what the bats have to say about that. Today's game gets under way at 12:10 p.m. CDT.
The Cardinals and Diamondbacks finish their series out in the desert tonight at 8:40 p.m. CDT. Kyle Lohse (4-1) will start for the Cards. Young lefty Wade MIley (3-0) looks to remain perfect on the year with another win for the D-backs.
There is also afternoon baseball on the schedule at Wrigley Field. Paul Maholm (3-2) will take the mound for the Cubs against Tim Hudson (1-0) and the rest of the Atlanta Braves. Game time is scheduled for 1:20 p.m. CDT.
The Pirates and Nationals continue their series in Pittsburgh with today's 6:05 p.m. CDT game. Erik Bedard (2-4) will start for the Bucs against Ross Detwiler (3-1) and the Nats.