If you're looking for something to do today while waiting for tonight's 6:10 start, my weekly appearance on The Home Stretch with Justin Hull on AM 1570 The Score in Appleton has been archived here. We talked Brewers for slightly less than 40 minutes this week, covering these topics:
- The Brewers' 5-2 west coast trip: Is it a sign that things are turning around, or merely a source of false hope?
- A sudden shift from the possibility of selling to buying at the trade deadline. Who's available, and is there a move the Brewers might make?
- Doug Melvin and the tendency to make "value trades" instead of paying market value to fill a need.
- The next 15 games and what the Brewers need to do to get back to contention.
- Carlos Gomez, Norichika Aoki and the challenge of getting as much playing time as possible to five healthy outfielders who are all playing well.
- Comparing Ryan Braun and Robin Yount.
- The merits and drawbacks involved in working out long term deals with either Zack Greinke or Shaun Marcum.
I'm on The Home Stretch for roughly an hour each Friday, and it looks like it's going to be at 2 pm for the forseeable future. Make plans to listen in live over the air or via the internet next week, or check back here on Saturday morning to see what we discussed.