The Home Stretch with Justin Hull is off on Friday for a golf tournament, so we moved our weekly chat on all things Brewers to Thursday afternoon this week and spent an hour discussing the following:
- Tyler Thornburg, our expectations for him and his usage as a reliever.
- Jeff Bianchi and the possibility that he's currently the best shortstop in the organization.
- Taylor Green, the logic behind sending him down and the possibility that he'll turn out to be a left-handed Cody Ransom.
- Nyjer Morgan, his trade value and the lack of rumors surrounding him.
- The upcoming offseason and how the Brewers may look to/will need to improve if they'd like to market themselves as contenders again in 2013.
- A comparison of Wily Peralta and Mark Rogers.
- George Kottaras and his trade value.
- The next nine games, the importance that's been placed upon them and the possibilty that they won't change anything.
This week's audio is in two parts: Part 1 and Part 2.
The Home Stretch with Justin Hull airs Monday-Friday from 2-5 pm on The Score (95.3 FM/1570 AM) in Appleton. I appear weekly in-season, usually from 2-3 on Fridays.