1) Francisco Rodriguez strikes out Skip Schumaker in the ninth: +.246 WPA
The Brewers were in big trouble with runners on second and third and one out in the ninth, but K-Rod was able to retire Skip Schumaker on strikes to get within one out of a win.
2) Daniel Descalso flies out to shortstop to end the game: +.199 WPA
K-Rod's tightrope act came to a thrilling conclusion on this play, as he stranded two men in scoring position to preserve a one run lead.
3) David Freese's ninth inning double: -.198 WPA
The closer switch appeared headed for immediate disaster in the ninth when David Freese led off the frame with this double down the right field line.
4) Yadier Molina's ninth inning single: -.194 WPA
In hindsight, this play probably should have tied the game. Molina singled up the middle with Freese on second, but the Cardinals held Freese at third instead of challenging Carlos Gomez's arm.
5) Jon Jay's third inning RBI double: -.169 WPA
The Brewers' early 1-0 lead disappeared on this play as Jay drove home Rafael Furcal to tie the game.
The next five:
6) Randy Wolf's strikeout of Lance Berkman in the seventh: +.150 WPA
7) Rickie Weeks' fourth inning solo home run: +.131 WPA
8) Rafael Furcal's seventh inning fly out: +.118 WPA
9) Aramis Ramirez's third inning RBI single: +.110 WPA
10) Matt Carpenter's seventh inning single: -.106 WPA