Earlier this week the Brewers signed veteran shortstop and 2004 AL Rookie of the Year Bobby Crosby to a minor league deal. Crosby hasn't played professional baseball since the 2010 season and is a career .236/.304/.372 hitter, but if he makes the team he'll join a relatively short list of current and former Brewers.
In franchise history there have been five players who met the following criteria:
- Won an AL or NL Rookie of the Year Award (not necessarily as a Brewer)
- Played at least one major league game as a Brewer.
How many of them can you name in five minutes?
If you're having a hard time with the embedded quiz or just prefer to take it there, follow this link to take the quiz at Sporcle.com.
In the past we've asked people not to post spoilers in the comments, so everyone gets a chance to try out the quiz without having it spoiled from them. I'm scrapping that rule this year and simply warning you that comments may contain spoilers. Also, please use the comments to post your score but remember there's no reason to cheat here, because there aren't any prizes.
If you get all of these, be sure to post your time along with your score in the comments.
If you finish this quiz and you're looking for more Brewer-related Sporcle quizzes, here are this offseason's other thinkers:
- Name the highest paid Brewers in franchise history.
- Name the Brewers who have appeared in the most games since 2007.
- Name the Brewers with a "B" in their name.
- Name the Brewer relievers who pitched in the most games without making a start.
- Name the Brewer legends born in December.
- Name the oldest members of the Brewers by season.
- Name the Brewer legends born in November.
- Name the Brewers who have caught 295 or more career games.
- Name the Brewer BBWAA Award "finalists."
- Name the Brewer relievers with 70+ appearances and an ERA under 4.
- Name the Brewers with 1000+ career innings.
- Name the 2012 Brewers with hints.
Have fun, and don't forget to post your score in the comments!