This week's Brew Crew Ball Tracking Poll was open from noon Monday through Tuesday and received 227 responses. Here are some notable results:
- A majority of voters say the Brewers did not make a mistake by failing to offer more for first basemen James Loney (71%), Logan Morrison (69%) and Corey Hart (54%).
- However, 51% of voters said they still believe the Brewers need to find a way to improve at first base but feel they'll be unable to do so.
- 53% of voters approve of the decision to trade Norichika Aoki to the Royals for Will Smith.
- Doug Melvin's approval rating is currently at 52%, down from 63% in September.
- 35% of voters expect the Brewers to win between 81-85 games in 2014, while another 35% have them winning 76-80.
Full results are below.
Do you approve of the Brewers' decision to trade outfielder Norichika Aoki to the Royals for pitcher Will Smith?
The Mariners recently signed first baseman Corey Hart to a one-year contract worth $6 million plus incentives, while the Brewers were believed to be offering a $4 million contract with incentives. Did the Brewers make a mistake by not offering more?
The Mariners recently acquired first baseman Logan Morrison from the Marlins for reliever Carter Capps. Did the Brewers make a mistake by not offering more?
The Rays recently re-signed first baseman James Loney to a three-year, $21 million contract. Did the Brewers make a mistake by not offering more?
Do the Brewers still need to find a way to improve at first base? If so, do you think they will?
|Yes, they still need to improve, and I believe they will.||81||36%|
|Yes, they still need to improve, but I don't believe they will.||115||51%|
|No, they don't need to improve, but I believe they will anyway.||15||7%|
|No, they don't need to improve, and I don't think they will.||6||3%|
Do you approve of the job Doug Melvin is doing as General Manager of the Brewers?
How many games do you expect the Brewers to win in 2014?
|101 or more||3||1%|
|70 or fewer||7||3%|