1) Matt Holliday's two-run single in the sixth: -.076 WPA (Video)
The Cardinals had been clinging to a 1-0 lead when Tom Haudricourt posted this:
With shadows across home plate at Busch and Wainwright and Gallardo dealing, wouldn't surprise me if 1-0 score holds up.— Tom (@Haudricourt) April 13, 2013
Moments later Yovani Gallardo allowed the first four batters he faced in the sixth to reach, and Matt Holliday (the fourth of those batters) gave the Cards some insurance runs with this single up the middle.
2) David Freese's third inning double: -.069 WPA
The game was still scoreless in the third when Freese's leadoff double set the stage for the only run in the first half of this contest.
3) Adam Wainwright's RBI single in the third: -.066 WPA (Video)
Wainwright will get most of the attention for throwing a complete game shutout and striking out twelve Brewers today, but he also had three hits. The first of those three drove home Freese with what would become the game-winning run.
4) Yovani Gallardo hit Matt Carpenter with a pitch in the sixth: -.057 WPA
We'll have more on this in Stat of the Day, but it loaded the bases for Matt Holliday during the Cardinals' seven-run sixth.
5) Daniel Descalso's third inning groundout: +.051 WPA (Video)
Finally, here's the top Brewer moment from today's game. The Cardinals had David Freese on third with no one out in a scoreless game but Descalso grounded out sharply to Blake Lalli, temporarily preventing the run from scoring.
The next five:
6t) Jon Jay's sixth inning single: -.046 WPA
6t) Blake Lalli's fifth inning fly out: -.046 WPA
6t) Jon Jay's third inning double play: +.046 WPA
9) Rickie Weeks' fourth inning strikeout: -.041 WPA
10) David Freese takes third on Yovani Gallardo's wild pitch in the third: -.038 WPA