1. Kevin Ziomek, LHP, Vanderbilt
Measurables: 6'3", 200 lbs.
2. Ryan Boldt, OF, Red Wing HS (Minn.)
4. Blake Taylor, LHP, Dana Hills HS (Calif.)
Measurables: 6'3", 195 lbs.
Measurables: 6'0", 200 lbs.
6. Robert Tyler, RHP, Crisp Co. HS (Ga.)
7. Cavan Biggio, St. Thomas HS (Tex.)
8. A.J. Puk, LHP/1B, Washington HS (Iowa)
With the first and second rounds of the draft tomorrow night, I've boiled down my big board to eight players who I see fit the Brewers' mold and will likely be available when Milwaukee goes on the clock in the second round. But it's always fun to throw a prediction out there and see if you're able to get one of the picks right. I did exactly that at last summer's draft, accurately predicting Milwaukee's two first-round picks.
Here are my predictions for this year:
Round 2, No. 54 overall: Blake Taylor, LHP, Dana Hills HS (Calif.)
Round 2, No. 72 overall: Kevin Ziomek, LHP, Vanderbilt