This week's Brew Crew Ball Tracking Poll was open from Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday, and received 184 responses. Here are some notable results:
- 72% of all voters said the Brewers should be interested in bringing Corey Hart back for 2014 on a one-year deal.
- 78% of voters said they're more optimistic regarding Wily Peralta following his recent hot streak.
- 59% of voters said they expect the Brewers to "tinker around the edges" at the trade deadline, while 39% are expecting "wholesale change."
- 44% of voters said the Brewers will have their next realistic chance to make the playoffs in 2015. 36% voted for 2014.
Full results are below:
Assuming he can pass a physical, should the Brewers be interested in bringing Corey Hart back on a one-year deal for 2014?
What are your expectations from the Brewers before the trade deadline?
|Wholesale change. Multiple trades. A new direction for the franchise.||71||39%|
|Tinker around the edges, but keep core parts in place to reload for 2014.||109||59%|
|Stand pat. Make no significant moves.||4||2%|
Has Wily Peralta's recent hot streak (1.08 ERA over his last five starts) changed your level of optimism for his performance going forward?
|Yes, I'm more optimistic now.||144||78%|
|Yes, I'm less optimistic now.||2||1%|
|No, my level of optimism has not changed.||38||21%|
Do you approve of the job Doug Melvin is doing as General Manager of the Brewers?
Do you approve of the job Ron Roenicke is doing as Manager of the Brewers?
Do you approve of the job Rick Kranitz is doing as Pitching Coach of the Brewers?
Do you approve of the job Johnny Narron is doing as Hitting Coach of the Brewers?
Which, if any, of these Brewer coaches and executives do you think should be fired?
Note: Voters were allowed to select more than one.
|General Manager Doug Melvin||39||21%||20%||+1%|
|Manager Ron Roenicke||70||38%||40%||-2%|
|Pitching coach Rick Kranitz||101||55%||56%||-1%|
|Hitting coach Johnny Narron||29||16%||20%||-4%|
|Amateur scouting director Bruce Seid||80||43%||29%||+14%|
|None of these||45||24%||27%||-3%|
When do you think the Brewers will have their next realistic chance to make the playoffs?
|They still have one in 2013||3||2%|
|2016 or beyond||34||18%|
* - In all cases "Prev" refers to the last tracking poll, conducted the week of July 1.