The Brewers have some decisions to make before the Rule 5 draft.
During the winter meetings, the Rule 5 draft will take place. The draft is a way to make sure teams don't stockpile too much talent in their systems and help some minor-league prospects find a new team, where they could end up as a contributor. The Brewers will have some decisions to make this offseason on who to protect, and Derek broke down those decisions yesterday. There's a few moves that seem like no-brainers, and a few more obvious ones as well. The decision doesn't need to be made for a few months, and some free-agent signings could change the Brewers thinking on any of these. For now, we will just have to wait and see what the Brewers decide to do.
- Ryan Braun swung a bat for the first time since his thumb surgery on Sunday, and felt "pretty good" following it. It's the first step in a hopeful recovery from the thumb injury that caused him problems throughout 2014.
- Miller Park Drunk reviews the 2014 Brewers season, and places the blame on someone you wouldn't expect. Meanwhile, kids are heading back to school, and Miller Park Drunk has a series of motivational posters for kids.
- Michael Trzinski of Reviewing the Brew has a free agent profile of Mark Reynolds.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker has an update on the Arizona Fall League from the last few days.
- NL Championship Series Game 3 - 3:00 pm, Fox Sports 1
Cardinals (John Lackey) @ Giants (Tim Hudson)
Series Tied 1-1
- AL Championship Series Game 3 - 7:00 pm, TBS
Orioles (Wei-Yin Chen) @ Royals (Jeremy Guthrie)
Royals Lead Series 2-0
News & Notes
- Game 3 of the ALCS was rained out yesterday and postponed to today. David Schoenfield of ESPN SweetSpot looks at how this will affect the rotations for the rest of the series.
- Tim Hudson is playing in a league championship series for the first time in his 16-year career. Mike Oz of Big League Stew looks at what this means to Hudson.
- What is the difference between winners and losers in the postseason? Scott Lindholm of Beyond the Box Score says that a team's record against winning teams can predict who will do well in the postseason.
- Yadier Molina suffered an oblique strain in Sunday night's game, and his status for the rest of the NLCS (and possibly the World Series) is in doubt. However, the Cardinals are keeping him active for now and hope will be able to contribute.
- How much of a difference will it make to the Cardinals in regards to who is catching? Jeff Sullivan of FanGraphs looks at a situation from Sunday's game and how it could have played out differently.