On Thursday we brought back the Thursday Thinker for the 2014-15 offseason, asking you to name the 47 players in franchise history with more hits than Aramis Ramirez. If you haven't taken that quiz yet and don't want it spoiled for you, you should probably go take it now. The rest of this post is about the correct answers.
As of this writing about 250 of you have taken the quiz, giving us a pretty significant sample of results. Here are some things I found interesting:
- Ryan Braun, not Robin Yount, was the most popular correct answer. 98.8% of quiz participants correctly named Braun, while 98% correctly named the Hall of Famer.
- The next three most popular correct answers after Braun and Yount were Paul Molitor (95.6%), Prince Fielder (92.3%) and Rickie Weeks (91.9%).
- Cecil Cooper, third on the Brewers' all-time list with 1815 hits and probably one of the five greatest Brewers of all time, was left out by slightly less than one in five participants. Jim Gantner, who is fourth with 1696, was left off of better than 25% of all quizzes.
- 20 of the 47 correct answers were correctly identified on more than 50% of quizzes. B.J. Surhoff (52.4%) came in just above that line, while Craig Counsell (49.6%) was just below.
- There are 12 Brewers in franchise history with 1000 hits, but more than half of you missed two of them: Charlie Moore (44.4% correct) and Don Money (42.7%).