Good morning. I had some internet issues today, so we're going to speed through this morning's stories.
- A report came out yesterday that Aramis Ramirez wants to stay with the Brewers in 2015 (and possibly beyond that). Noah has the details on the report.
- Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar also took a look at the survey that the Brewers sent out, and pulled out some of the questions to analyze.
- After watching the Royals dominate, Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at how the Brewers can build an elite bullpen.
- John Sickels of Minor League Ball profiles Mike Fiers after his resurgence in 2014.
- Despite the fact that Alcides Escobar and Lorenzo Cain are World Series bound now, Bill Berg of Reviewing the Brew says that the Zack Greinke trade was still worth it.
NL Central Update
- Justin Millar of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Pirates will extend a qualifying offer to catcher Russell Martin.
NL Championship Series Game 5
Giants 6, Cardinals 3
Giants Win Series 4-1
World Series begins on October 21.
News & Notes
- Jeff Sullivan of FanGraphs welcomes Lorenzo Cain to the world of stardom after his great performance in the playoffs so far.
- Dave Cameron of FanGraphs says that despite all of the other questionable decisions Ned Yost made in the playoffs so far, his management of the bullpen was great in the ALCS.
- Jackson Alexander of MLB.com writes that by making it to the World Series, Ned Yost has proved his detractors wrong.
- In Kansas City, the Royals making the World Series has excited the entire city.