- With 62% of the vote, Carlos Gomez was voted as the second most valuable Brewer. Noah wrote his profile that went up yesterday.
- You still have time to vote for #3 before voting closes at noon. Currently, Wily Peralta is leading Kyle Lohse by 21 votes.
- Caitlin Moyer of John & Cait has some pictures and facts about Colorado Springs.
- The Brewers have not been strangers to trading with Kansas City. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel looks at the trades the two teams have made.
- Adam LaRoche has received some talk here on BCB about the possibility of him coming to Milwaukee. Steve Adams of MLB Trade Rumors profiles the first baseman and looks at his potential market.
- The pace of play testing in the minors isn't being well-received by some players right now. Mike Axisa of CBS Sports notes that reviews are mixed for the pace of play testing in the Arizona Fall League.
- Technology available for athlete training has picked up in recent years. Bryan Cole of Beyond the Box Score looks at some technology that is available for baseball players to use in training.
- NotGraphs is in its final days, and I would encourage you to check it out before it ends following the World Series. Yesterday, Patrick Dubuque presented his idea on Interpretive Scorekeeping.
- The Woot-Off continues for a second day today.
Former Brewers Update
- Bryan Hoch of MLB.com notes that CC Sabathia feels 100% following his recovery from knee surgery and is ready for a full season in 2015.
- Paul Molitor is still in the hunt for the Twins managerial job. Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that Molitor will get a second interview this week.
- How did Travis Ishikawa get back to San Francisco? Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish looks at Ishikawa's journey through the league in 2014.
World Series Game 1
Giants 7, Royals 1
Giants Lead Series 1-0
- World Series Game 2 - 7:00 pm, FOX
Giants (Jake Peavy) @ Royals (Yordano Ventura)
Giants Lead Series 1-0
News & Notes
- Bill Berg of Reviewing the Brew has a rundown of how Game 1 went.
- Tim Linecum wasn't on the field for on-field introductions, and David Brown of Big League Stew doesn't get a very detailed answer on why he was late.
- Count the Brewer Nation blog as one rooting for the American League, and there's an explanation for why that choice was made.
- Ballpark construction is always an important part of any baseball game. Tony Blengino of FanGraphs analyzes ballpark factors and how it could affect the World Series.
- What's better than getting tipped 15 percent? Mike Oz of Big League Stew notes that, for one Kansas City waiter, he got the tip of a lifetime: a World Series ticket.
- One change that the Royals made that helped them make the World Series was a more unexpected one. They started watching more tape of opponents instead of playing Clash of Clans.
- The Hunter Pence signs have become popular around the country. However, David Schoenfield of ESPN SweetSpot notes that Hunter Pence is also an aspiring poet and philosoher.
- While the World Series is going on, what would have happened if the 10 worst teams in the league had a playoff instead? Steven Silverman of Beyond the Box Score puts together an "Underworld Series", running simulations to find out who would win between the worst teams in the league.