Stories from BCB
- The Brewers made a roster move yesterday, claiming Luis Jimenez off waivers from the Angels. Derek has details on the transaction.
- Two Brewers prospects, Tyrone Taylor and Ty Wagner, will play in the Arizona Fall League Fall Stars Game this Saturday. It will be televised on MLB Network.
- You voted for Mike Fiers as #6 in our MVBrewers poll. NPetrashek has the profile for Fiers.
- Voting is still open for #7. As of this writing, Francisco Rodriguez has opened up a gap over the rest of the field for the #7 spot.
- August Fagerstrom looks at the NL Gold Glove awards by position, and picks one Brewer as a player who should win the award at his position.
- How much does sacrifice bunts hurt teams? Justin Schultz of The First Out at Third Blog analyzes the numbers on how much sacrifice bunts don't help.
- Marcus Yong of Miller Park Prospects reviews the minor league statistical leaders in the Brewers system.
- How important are managers? Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar asks that after Joe Maddon opted out of his contract.
- Paul Molitor has had his second interview with the Twins, and appears to be the front-runner for the managerial job. His only competition is Red Sox bench coach Torey Lovullo.
NL Central Update
- Yesterday morning, Mike Matheny released a statement on the passing of Oscar Taveras. Mike Oz of Big League Stew has the text from the statement.
- World Series Game 7 - 7:00 pm, FOX
Giants (Jake Peavy) @ Royals (Yordano Ventura)
Giants Lead Series 3-2
News & Notes
- During the pregame ceremonies for Game 5, the Star-Spangled Banner was performed by singer Aaron Lewis, who forgot some of the words. Following the game, he apologized for his mistake.
- What will Jake Peavy do if he wins the World Series? During yesterday's press conferences, his son let Peavy's plans slip on what he plans to do.