- Is there a first baseman that would be a good trade target for the Brewers? Derek looks at some of the options that could be out there.
- Meanwhile, the Brewers have an option at second base, but may need a platoon partner for him. Noah looked at the possible options for a platoon partner for Scooter Gennett.
- The Brewers are taking their time with making the decision on Aramis Ramirez's option. So far, there has been no decision on it.
- Over the past few days, you voted in Francisco Rodriguez at #7 and Aramis Ramirez at #8 in our MVBrewers poll. Jordan has a profile for Rodriguez, and Kyle has a profile for Ramirez.
- There still time to vote for #9 in the poll. As of this writing, Matt Garza has built a lead over Scooter Gennett.
- Not surprisingly, Reviewing the Brew also named Jonathan Lucroy as their Brewers MVP for the 2014 season. Steven Jewell has a profile of Lucroy, as well as an analysis on how he has developed.
- Justin Schultz of The First Out at Third has a question for you. If you had to choose between Brandon Kintzler and Marco Estrada, who would you choose? He also takes a look at FIP and SIERA in regards to the Brewers rotation.
- Bill Berg of Reviewing the Brew notes that Taylor Green is expected to return to the Brewers on a minor league deal.
- Jonathan Judge of Disciples of Uecker takes another look at the Brewers OBP problem, and has some changes he wants to see next season.
- Michael Trzinski of Reviewing the Brew has a profile of Rickie Weeks and the status for his option.
- The Brewers announced a new "timeless ticket" for sale, which will cost $1,000, only have 1,000 copies made, and can be used one time for a ticket to any game of the owner's choice (including any postseason game).
NL Central Update
- The Cubs are expected to hire Joe Maddon as their new manager, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.
World Series Game 6
Royals 10, Giants 0
World Series Game 7
Giants 3, Royals 2
Giants Win Series 4-3
News & Notes
- Bill Berg of Reviewing the Brew has some condensed recaps of Game 6 and Game 7, including how the former Brewers did in each game.
- Madison Bumgarner was named World Series MVP after his two starts and one relief appearance. As part of the award, he won a truck that has "technology and stuff" in it.
- Tim Hudson didn't last very long last night, but he was will to do whatever it took to get a ring.
- Bud Selig's last game as commissioner also played out last night, and in it, his impact on MLB could be seen.
- A controversial moment came out of Game 6, where Royals starting pitcher Yordano Ventura wore a Dominican Republic flag following the game, leading to some comments from Royals farmhand Zebulon Sneed. Derek has an overview of what happened and his take on the situation.
- NotGraphs' time came to an end yesterday with the conclusion of the World Series. Many of the writers had farewell posts, including the ejection of NotGraphs by Joe West. NotGraphs will live on in some form at a new site, Banknotes Industries.