We've hit the quiet days of the winter, where we'll have some short posts some days. Here's what we have for today.
- The Brewers did make a few minor-league moves over the weekend. Justin Millar of MLB Daily Dish notes that the Brewers have signed Jeremy Hermida and Pete Orr to minor-league deals with invites to spring training.
- The Brewers also released pitcher Miguel de los Santos, who had been on the restricted list for a while.
- Our MVBrewers series continued with Nate's profile of Mark Reynolds on Friday. Our next profile will be up this afternoon.
- How will qualifying offers affect the 2015 MLB Draft? Derek has a look at how those players could affect the draft order for June's draft.
- What happened to Jean Segura in 2014 has been a popular topic of discussion recently. Alec Dopp of Gammons Daily joins in to analyze Segura's decline in 2014.
- Had things played out differently, Hunter Pence could have been a Milwaukee Brewer. Michael Trzinski of Reviewing the Brew looks at the Brewers draft choice that didn't sign.
- David Laurila of FanGraphs had a short interview with Clint Coulter and other Arizona fall league players who are working on position changes.
- The remaining all-fan giveaways for 2015 were announced over the weekend. Here's what is in store:
- August 9: Bob Uecker bobblehead
- August 16: Jonathan Lucroy bobblehead
- August 30: Retro Vintage Brewers bobblehead
- September 20: Scooter Gennett gnome
- October 4: Fan's Choice item
- T-Shirt Fridays on June 12, June 26, July 17, July 31, August 7, August 14, and August 28.
NL Central Notes
- Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish notes that the Reds offseason plans include targeting Mike Morse and Norichika Aoki as free agents.
- Meanwhile, the Cubs have met with Russell Martin already this offseason. Martin also plans to visit the Dodgers, Pirates, and Blue Jays.
- Carrie Muskat of MLB.com notes that as part of their renovations of Wrigley Field, the Cubs have moved a building called "the caretaker's house" and plan to restore it.
- Is Andrew McCutchen unhappy with the way the Pirates are being constructed? Charlie Wilmoth of MLB Trade Rumors found an interview McCutchen did where he had some thoughts on the Pirates roster construction.