- The Brewers released their 2015 Spring Training schedule yesterday. With a pitchers & catchers reporting date of February 20, we are officially 99 days away from the start of Spring Training.
- What happened to Miguel De Los Santos? Noah looks at the case of the pitcher who never played a game in the Brewers system.
- Our MVBrewers series continued with a profile of Jimmy Nelson. The next honorable mention will be up this afternoon.
- It's early in the offseason, but it's not too early to start making projections. Jonathan Judge of Disciples of Uecker looks at the early projections for the NL Central.
- Meanwhile, Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker takes a look at the improved Brewers starting rotation in 2014.
- Was the Brewers bench bad? Justin Schultz of The First Out at Third analyzes the bench to find out how they really performed.
NL Central Update
- The Rockies and Pirates swapped pitchers yesterday. Steve Adams of MLB Trade Rumors reports that the Rockies traded RHP Rob Scahill to the Pirates for RHP Shane Carle.
- Jeff Todd of MLB Trade Rumors reported that the Cubs were in discussions to acquire Nationals starter Jordan ZImmermann. However, a deal appears unlikely at this point.
- Drew Silva of Rotoworld looks at some players in the NL Central who are on the rise.
- Mark Polishuk of MLB Trade Rumors has a roundup of other rumors around the NL Central, including the possibility of Cole Hamels to the Cubs, the Cardinals plans for right field, and the Reds figuring out what they want to do next season.
- The manager of the year awards were announced yesterday. Matt Williams of the Nationals won in the National League, and Buck Showalter of the Orioles won in the American League.
- Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors has a projected list of non-tender candidates. There are no Brewers on his list of candidates.
- In Game 1 of the Japan All-Star Series, Japanese RHP Kenta Maeda led the Samurai Japan pitchers as they held the MLB All-Stars scoreless and won the first game of the series 2-0. Game 2 is set for Friday following a travel day on Thursday.