- On Friday, the Brewers completed their trade with the Braves, receiving Kyle Wren for Zach Quintana.
- After a very encouraging stint in the Arizona Fall League, Wei-Chung Wang is ready for the Brewers minor-league system this fall. The only question that remains is which minor-league team he should be placed on.
- Our MVBrewers series continued with Fred's profile of the final honorable mention, Martin Maldonado. The Lesser Brewers profiles start up this afternoon.
- With Giancarlo Stanton set to sign a massive deal, Noah takes a minute to look at the Ryan Braun deal and the risks associated with these mega-deals.
- Is the Brewers roster set for Spring Training? Phil Rogers of MLB.com has some quotes from Doug Melvin, who believes this roster is ready to start spring training tomorrow.
- Baseball Prospectus released it's list of the top 10 Brewers prospects this morning, led by shortstop Orlando Arcia.
- The Brewer Nation blog has a final update on the Brewers that pitched in the Arizona Fall League.
- On his MVP ballot, Tom Haudricourt gave Jonathan Lucroy a fifth place vote, behind Adrian Gonzalez. Justin Schultz of The First Out at Third would like Haudricourt to explain his MVP ballot.
NL Central Update
- Richard Justice of MLB.com says that even if the Cardinals make no changes this offseason, they will still be the favorites to win the division when the season starts.
- A.J. Burnett is making his return to the Pirates, signing a one year, $8.5 million deal with the team. The interesting part of this: He could have made $12.75 million had he stayed with the Phillies.
- Over the weekend, the Cubs acquired infielder Tommy La Stella from the Braves for a minor-league pitcher and three international signing bonus slots.
- Charlie Wilmoth of MLB Trade Rumors has profiles of NL Central non-tender candidates Ike Davis, Gaby Sanchez, and Travis Wood.
- It's looking more and more likely that the Cubs will acquire Russell Martin. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish notes that the Cubs are the clear frontrunner, and that Martin is expected to get a four year, $64 million contract.
- Mark Polishuk of MLB Trade Rumors has some assorted news updates on the division, including more on the Burnett deal, Cubs looking at Jason Hammel, and the possibility the Reds trade Johnny Cueto. He also notes that the Reds have released Carlos Marmol.
- This story will make you want to bring your own food to a game in the future. Mike Oz of Big League Stew notes that the Royals used expired food during the final games of the World Series.
- Jim Callis of MLB.com goes through the Arizona Fall League and highlights the best performance and best prospect for each team.
- In Game 3 of the Japan All-Star Series, Samurai Japan continued their dominance of the MLB All-Stars by combining for a no-hitter in a 4-0 win.
- The MLB All-Stars finally got on track in Game 4. Led by Justin Morneau's three-run home run and RBI double, the MLB All-Stars got their first win over Samurai Japan, a 6-1 victory. Today is a travel day before the five-game series wraps up on Tuesday.