- The deadline to add players to the 40-man roster for Rule 5 protection was yesterday. Initially, the Brewers decided to only add three players to their 40-man roster, adding Taylor Jungmann, Michael Strong, and Yadiel Rivera. However, that evening they also decided to add David Goforth to the 40-man roster as well.
- Can you name the relievers that have received the biggest contracts as relievers? Kyle has a quiz for you testing your knowledge of reliever contracts.
- Our MVBrewers series continued with Derek's profile of Elian Herrera. The next profile will be out this afternoon.
- Andrew Gruman of FOX Sports has a profile of Adam Lind, who is looking forward to spring training and getting to work with the Brewers.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel ranks the National League starting pitchers by dependability.
- Cait Covers the Bases notes that the Brewers Community Foundation and "Koos for Kids" have teamed up this year to provide over 350 coats to local students in need.
NL Central Update
- David Schoenfield of ESPN SweetSpot has a series of random thoughts on the NL Central.
- The Pirates also made a series of additions to protect players from the Rule 5 draft, adding five players to their 40-man roster. In addition to their 40-man roster additions, the Pirates also designated 1B Ike Davis and C Ramon Cabrera for assignment.
- Greg Johns of MLB.com notes that the Cardinals made a trade with the Mariners, swapping minor league players Sam Gaviglio and Ty Kelly. The Cardinals then also added Kelly to their 40-man roster to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.
- MLB Trade Rumors has a rundown of all the players added to 40-man rosters yesterday for Rule 5 draft protection.
- In a unanimous vote yesterday, the MLB owners gave future commissioner Rob Manfred a five-year contract, starting on January 25.
- Richard Justice of MLB.com looks at how Bud Selig has kept competitive balance in MLB, culminating in the Royals making the World Series this year..
- After yesterday's game, the MLB All-Stars are headed home with their series done. Anthony DiComo of MLB.com has a wrap-up of the trip, both on and off the field.
- Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com rank their top 25 prospects from the Arizona Fall League. (Spoiler alert: No Brewers prospects are on the list.)
- Here's something that you don't see many MLB GMs doing. Bryan Hoch of MLB.com has a story on Yankees GM Brian Cashman, who slept on the streets of Manhattan last night to help support a program to help the homeless.
- How is Mark Loretta responsible for the Brewers acquiring Jean Segura? Ben Lindbergh of Grantland answers this question and looks at some of the oldest active transaction trees in MLB.