- The Brewers filled out their coaching staff on Friday by promoting Mike Guerrero to first base coach.
- Craig Counsell had been in the mix for the Rays managerial job, but decided to withdraw his name from the search on Friday. Adam McCalvy has some details on the decision.
- We continued our MVBrewers series with Derek's profile of Rob Wooten. The next profile will be up this afternoon.
- Justin Schultz of The First Out At Third looks at Carlos Gomez and capitalizing on opportunities at the plate.
NL Central Update
- The Pirates traded Ike Davis (along with an international slot) to the Athletics for a better international slot.
- The Reds are open to trading Jay Bruce this offseason, but Adam McCalvy notes that Jay Bruce wants to remain a Red for life. Meanwhile, Scott Strangberg of RotoGraphs looks at how Bruce bottomed out in 2014.
- The Red Sox are coming close to making a set of big moves this offseason. They have made an offer to Pablo Sandoval, who is expected to decide this week between the Giants, Padres, and Red Sox. Meanwhile, the Red Sox are also close to signing Hanley Ramirez. (h/t Chris Cotillo on both links)
- The Class of 2015 Hall of Fame ballot was released this morning. Randy Johnson, John Smoltz, Pedro Martinez, and Craig Biggio are some of the new names on the ballot. Also joining the ballot is former Brewer Gary Sheffield.