- Mark Attanasio met with the media at the Winter Meetings yesterday, and answered some questions about the team going into 2015. He believes that the team is mostly set as is and expects them to bounce back.
- Yesterday, one of the reports that came out for the Brewers is that they will give Scooter Gennett a chance to play second base full time. Noah broke down the decision and what he thinks about the decision.
- Meanwhile, over on Disciples of Uecker, Jonathan Judge has a more positive view on the decision, and explains why he thinks it is the right move.
- While the starters tend to be the most valuable players on a team, that doesn't mean that there's no value from the replacement-level players. Derek explained why it's important to get value from the fringe players.
- Steven Jewell of Reviewing the Brew put together his projections for Mike Fiers in 2015.
- Would Gaby Sanchez be a good fit for the Brewers? Steven Jewell of Reviewing the Brew argues that Sanchez would be a good fit for the Brewers.
- Seth Trachtman of Rotoworld lists Jimmy Nelson as one player who will be an ERA sleeper in 2015.
NL Central Update
- The Cubs were the big movers of the day yesterday. They started the day by acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks for two minor-league pitchers.
- The Cubs then finished the day by signing Jon Lester to a six-year, $155 million contract. The Cubs beat the Red Sox and Giants in the race to get Lester.
- Francisco Liriano is staying with the Pirates after he signed a 3-year, $39 million contract yesterday.
- With all of the moves that the Cubs have made this offseason, Mike Oz of Big League Stew has a reminder for you: The Cubs won the 2015 World Series in Back to the Future 2.