- The Winter Meetings wrapped up yesterday with the Brewers abstaining from making a choice in the Rule 5 draft. They did lose Sean Halton to the Orioles and Kentrail Davis to the Angels in the minor league phase of the draft.
- While the Winter Meetings were active elsewhere, they were quiet on the Brewers front. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel notes that the Brewers will wait to pick up relief help.
- Adam McCalvy notes that the Brewers quiet meetings are a result of the early moves that the Brewers made during the offseason.
- The Brewers released Jeremy Hermida yesterday, allowing him to sign a one-year deal in Japan.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel breaks down the moves made in the NL Central and what it means for the division.
NL Central Update
- The Reds were active on the trade market during the final day of meetings. They sent Mat Latos to the Marlins for Anthoy DeSclafani and Chad Wallach, and sent Alfredo Simon to the Tigers for Eugenio Suarez and Jonathon Crawford. MLB Daily Dish has the details on the moves.
- Mark Reynolds is heading to the Cardinals after signing a one-year deal with them.
- Mark Polishuk of MLB Trade Rumors has some notes on the NL Central.
- MLB Daily Dish has all of the big moves from the last day of the Winter Meetings covered. In addition to the Reds trades above, here are some of the other big transactions from the final day:
- The Twins signed Ervin Santana to a four year, $55 million deal.
- The Royals signed Kendrys Morales to a two year, $17 million deal.
- The Red Sox signed Justin Masterson to a one year, $9.5 million deal.
- Adam Berry of MLB.com rounds up the Winter Meetings with a list of all of the transactions made during the Winter Meetings.
- Tom Singer of MLB.com has a quote from all 30 MLB managers from the Winter Meetings.
- Andrew Heaney ended up being traded twice yesterday, going from the Marlins to the Dodgers and then the Dodgers to the Angels. He was a Dodger for five hours, and thanked the Dodgers for those five hours.