- A few minor league moves for the Brewers as they signed outfielders Ben Guez and Bryan Peterson to minor league deals and released pitchers Kyle Heckathorn and Andy Moye. Heckathorn was a part of the Brewers' vounted 2009 draft, being chosen 47th overall that year. He never really lived up to any potential. Guez and Peterson should serve as organizational depth.
- Brewers prospect Tucker Neuhaus got engaged.
- Adam McCalvy has a profile of minor league coach Al LeBeouf and his battle with cancer.
- If you have a Baseball Prospectus login, JP Breen takes a look at the Brewers' fantasy outlook for 2015.
- Jonathan Lucroy beat out Carlos Gomez, Ryan Braun, Yovani Gallardo and others in voting to be the Brewers 'Face of the Franchise'.
NL Central Update
- The Cardinals have some interest in free agent infielder Asdrubal Cabrera.
- The Cubs have an offer out to free agent catcher David Ross.
- The Reds are a possibility to sign former Brewers oufielder Norichika Aoki.
- Sometimes, baseball and politics do mix. With the United States normalizing relations with Cuba, many have wondered how this might influence baseball things. Previously, Cubans like Yasiel Puig, Yoenis Cespedes and Aroldis Chapman have had to flee the country illegally in order to play ball in MLB.
- The big news in baseball, of course, was the huge three-team trade between the Padres, Rays and Nationals that saw Wil Myers heading to San Diego. Here is a breakdown of the deal:
PADRES GET: OF Wil Myers, C Ryan Hanigan, P Jose Castillo, P Gerardo Reyes
RAYS GET: OF Steven Souza, P Travis Ott, C Rene Rivera, P Burch Smith, 1B Jake Bauers
NATIONALS GET: SS Trea Turner, P Joe Ross