Good morning. I've been on vacation for two weeks, and it was a good time to take a vacation. During those two weeks, not much has happened at all. Let's start with some numbers that will hopefully encourage you.
- 53 days until Pitchers & Catchers report.
- 58 days until all players report.
- 65 days to the first Spring Training game.
- 98 days to Opening Day.
Recapping the Brewers Last Two Weeks
- Back on December 15, the Brewers announced plans for a new "Selig Experience" at Miller Park. It will be a 1400 square foot attraction about Bug Selig's time as owner of the Brewers and as commissioner.
- On December 16, the Brewers signed two outfielders, Bryan Petersen and Ben Guez, to minor league deals. Petersen's deal included an invite to Spring Training.
- On December 18, the Brewers sent minor league catcher Shawn Zarraga to the Dodgers for minor league players Matt Long and Jarret Martin.
- On December 23, the Brewers claimed Shane Peterson off of waivers from the Cubs. His addition fills the 40-man roster for now.
BCB Stories from the Last Two Weeks
- Allen Craig has been linked to several rumors around the Brewers recently. Two weeks ago, Noah looked at these rumors and how realistic they would be for the Brewers.
- Not many people see much in Jonathan Broxton for 2015, but Derek has a reminder that you should not underestimate Broxton next season.
- The Cubs have made several moves that have put them back in the spotlight and made them favorites in many people's eyes entering next season. However, Jordan has a reminder that all of these moves don't mean they will immediately complete.
- Late off-season deals have been common for the Brewers, and they have found some success through those deals. Noah looked back at the last few offseasons and some of the players the Brewers found in those late deals.
- Star teammates have been a rare thing to see in recent years, and Jordan looked through the recent years at exactly how many pairs of teammates have accomplished the feat.
- With the holiday season here, Noah listed a series of grievances for Festivus, as well as some greetings for Christmas.
Brewers Stories from Around the Web
- Following the Winter Meetings, Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar has a post-meetings look at the NL Central.
- Disciples of Uecker had a few different posts, including the resurgence of Gallardo's fastball, wins in the National League,
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Michael Trzinski looked back at the short seasons of Tyler Thornburg and Jim Henderson. and some of the stories to follow from 2014.
- On his blog, Tim Dillard finished up his series on Winterball with a post on the league trophy, as well as a look back at the career of LaTroy Hawkins.
- The First Out at Third blog looked at if we should be concerned about Will Smith's second half slump, as well as what the Brewers are getting with Shane Peterson.