- Yesterday was the non-tender deadline in MLB, and it was a pretty quiet day for the Brewers. As expected, they tendered contracts to all of their arbitration-eligible players.
- The Brewers also avoided arbitration with Brandon Kintzler yesterday, signing him to a one year deal worth up to $1.1 million.
- The other big announcement of the day yesterday came on the minor-league side, where the Brewers extended their PDC with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers for four more years, through the 2020 season.
- Could former Brewer Corey Hart be a platoon partner for Adam Lind? Nick Michalski of The Brewers Bar asks if a return to Milwaukee would work for Corey Hart.
- How would the divisions look is teams were organized by payroll? Over in the FanPosts, nullacct reorganized the divisions by payroll and looked at the results.
- Jonathan Lucroy has been working with the Catch a Star program. Yesterday, the Stevens Point Journal ran a story about Lucroy's meeting with a four-year old cancer patient.
- The LA Kings mascot, Bailey, wants to dethrone Bernie Brewer as most followed mascot on Twitter. This led to Bernie trying to increase his own follower numbers.
- Our MVBrewers series continued with Noah's profile of Jim Henderson.
NL Central Update
- Prior to yesterday's non-tender deadline, the Reds traded outfielder Chris Heisey to the Dodgers for minor-league pitcher Matt Magill.
- The Cardinals signed right-handed reliever Matt Belisle to a one year, $3.5 million deal.
- Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish tracked all of the non-tenders yesterday as teams made their decisions. Here is the final list.
- Torii Hunter is returning to Minnesota after signing a one-year, $10.5 million deal with the Twins yesterday.
- Full details of Kyle Seager's extension with the Mariners have come out. According to MLB Trade Rumors, Seager is guaranteed $100 million over seven years, with an option that could push the deal as high as $120 million over eight years.