- The Rays are likely to trade Ben Zobrist after they acquired Asdrubal Cabrera. While it may be a good fit for the Brewers, Noah notes that it is unlikely for the Brewers to acquire the utility infielder.
- One way to improve the starting rotation could be to improve the bench depth. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at how the Brewers bench affected the starting rotation in 2014.
- The bullpen was mentioned as a point of improvement this offseason, yet the Brewers have not acquired any players so far for the bullpen. Over on The First Out At Third blog, Justin Schultz explains why he doesn't have confidence in the current members of the bullpen.
- Could a change in catchers have been responsible for Matt Garza's improved performance in 2014? Neil Weinberg of FanGraphs has an analysis of how Matt Garza has changed his pitching style because of his catcher, and how it has affected his results.
- John Sickels of Minor League Ball has a preliminary prospect list for the 2015 Milwaukee Brewers.
- The big news of Tuesday came in the form of a trade. The Padres sent outfielder Seth Smith to the Mariners for pitcher Brandon Maurer.
- FanGraphs has a three-part review of the legal year for MLB. Part 1 looks at the cases of Alex Rodriguez and the city of San Jose, part 2 breaks down the minor-league pay and gender discrimination cases, and part 3 focuses on the TV side of MLB.
- The massive rise in TV contracts will finally be seen in your cable bills in a more tanigble way. TechGraphs notes that due to the rise of sports programming costs, Time Warner Cable subscribers will start seeing a "sports programming" charge on their cable bill.